Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change
On 03/10/2007, Jacqui caren <jacqui.caren@???> wrote:

> A client has askedif we can help migrate a rackspace machine IP address
> handling thier email.
>
> Evidenly it has two IP addresses available, They want to stop using the
> existing IP address and mail domain and start using a new domain and
> IP address.
>
> As I have no experience of using rackspace systems does anyone have any
> suggestions or advice? At the memnet even getting into the rackspace
> user interface is proving problematic :-(

Not quite clear what it is that is wanted here. The company I work for
has a server hosted by Rackspace and we were given an IP address and a
root password by them, so as Keith says accessing root via ssh is not
a problem. They do also give a webmin interface if you like that sort
of thing, and I've seen references to 'Plesk' as a service they offer
- kind of control panel I think?

Is your client wanting to move their email service off a RS machine
onto another machine elsewhere, or is the second machine and IP
address also at Rackspace? If the latter then as Keith says the RS
tech support ppl will be able to help.

Your client should also be able to access the forums and 'knowledge
base' at my.rackspace.com where there may be 'how-to' info on the
migration itself - that's not an area I know owt about I'm afraid.