Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change
John Cooper wrote:
> Jacqui caren wrote:
>
>>A client has askedif we can help migrate a rackspace machine IP address
>>handling thier email.
>>
>>Evidenly it has two IP addresses available, They want to stop using the
>>existing IP address and mail domain and start using a new domain and
>>IP address.
>>
>>As I have no experience of using rackspace systems does anyone have any
>>suggestions or advice? At the memnet even getting into the rackspace
>>user interface is proving problematic :-(
>>
>>Jacqui
>>

> This sounds like a DNS change to the A and MX record. Do rackspace
> handle their DNS? To find out, go to

Sorted - the machine has two IP addresses but I cannot swap IP
addresses. The primary must be on eth0 and the other on eth0:1
The BOFH at rackspace was very polite in his email but I could
hear the chainsaw being warmed up in the background (the machine
is in texas) :-)

However I can modify postfix to use the second IP as the originating
IP for outbound email and switch the domain to the new tld.
Long term we will run one postfix per IP/mail domain.

Thanks for everyones help.

Jacqui