Re: [Hampshire] Laptop vs Australian climate

Author: Mat Grove
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laptop vs Australian climate
Alan Pope wrote:

>> 2. Any suggestions of how I can keep my laptop cooler regardless of
>> the surrounding temperature?
>
> You can get a base which has fans in that the laptops sits on. It runs
> off the USB port and pushes extra air through the system. I saw one at a
> LUG meeting recently.

We recently bought one of these for my girlfriend's laptop. Stops the
system fan from come on as frequently, so appears to work (not very
scientific I know).

Bonus feature - the other day she knocked a glass of water over on her
desk and having the laptop on the fan platform saved it's life.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/61069

Mat