Re: [Hampshire] Upgrading Ubuntu 6.06 to 7.10

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Upgrading Ubuntu 6.06 to 7.10
There is some sound advice here, for which I'm grateful. I am especially
pleased with the links which for some reason I didn't come across myself
when I was searching for answers on the Ubuntu site. As 6.06 is LTS, it is a
pity that there isn't an easier way to upgrade to later releases, but as
Tony mentioned, it seems that this is likely to be addressed in future.

I am leaning towards doing a full re-install (which means I will probably
have to play around with my DVB set up and possibly the WiFi again...). But
there are some interesting alternatives approaches here.

Thanks for all your responses so far.

Kelvin