Re: [Hampshire] Is a faulty download to blame for my problem…

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is a faulty download to blame for my problems?
On Sunday 18 November 2007 16:58, john lewis wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:36:33 +0000

> I don't think you can blame etch for your problems unless there is a
> serious mismatch with your hardware.

I haven't and don't, John.

I asked whether it was possible for a particular download to have become
corrupted. I too have installed Etch on various systems without a problem,
always as a net install. That is why I think that if the problem is software
related, it must be a faulty download since I know that the software itself
is fine.

I know that a downloaded iso can get corrupted - hence md5sums - and I merely
wondered whether the same thing can happen to a net install. Since
corruption during download can happen, it would seem logical that it can also
happen during net installs.

Lisi