Re: [Hampshire] Is a faulty download to blame for my problem…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is a faulty download to blame for my problems?
hantslug@??? wrote:
> Advice, please! This is my main desktop. I need to have it working.

Hi Lisi,

Could you redefine the problem for those of us not familiar with it
please? It's difficult to offer up advice without a reasonable
understanding of what is going on, but regardless I would say that
Libranet is a retrograde step, given that it was largely superseded by
Ubuntu and is effectively dead in the water now.

Whatever you eventually decide to do, you need to ascertain that you are
building on a reasonably solid foundation. If your data is important,
you are reliant upon a working PC /and/ there are serious doubts about
your hardware, you also need to ensure that you have good backups and if
possible switch to an alternative machine until they are resolved IMHO.

Sean