Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virgin cable modems

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virgin cable modems
On Thursday 06 December 2007 19:42, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> On 06/12/2007, John Cooper <lug@???> wrote:
> > But you still had to call BT!
>
> That should not be the case. If you have a problem with a ADSL line,
> you contact your supplier, e.g. Zen, Demon whoever.
> Zen or Demon then deal with BT to sort it out.
> The only time I have ever talked to BT regarding a ADSL problem is
> when they rang me to organise a visiting time. I never had to call BT,
> only Demon.

James - you are right and I agree with you. I have _never_ had to call BT
about my ADSL since I first talked to Zen before this village was enabled.
(I pre-registered with them.)

On one occasion, just after the village was enabled and I was connected, I
rang Zen about my _telephone_ line because, since the fault arose when I was
ADSL connected I wasn't sure in whose pitch it lay. Zen said what I
reported - the telephone line is basically BTs part of the setup, so could I
ring BT first. But if I had any problems (unknown as we all know with
BT ;-) ) come back to Zen and they would sort it out for me.

As I said, I think good customer service is what makes the difference, be it
in ADSL or cable.

Lisi