Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome

Author: hantslug
To: victor, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome
On Thursday 13 December 2007 09:52, Victor Churchill wrote:
> I had a feeling that OpenOffice was a culprit but
> just checked and no, it's well behaved.

OOo 2.0.4 on my Etch machine really irritates me. Some of the time it behaves
normally and responds to select -> press centre button. This is convenient
because it is what I always do at a muscle memory level (including, on the
rare occasions I am compelled to, on Windows :-( ). But more of the time it
won't and insists on ^C/^X/^V, often changing part way through a document.
Grr. Now KWord can handle ODF, I might change over at least some of the
time.

I have just checked, and it works at the moment, of course. And will probably
now work for the rest of the week. I must complain about it in writing more
often. ;-)

Lisi