Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: victor, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 at 09:52:26AM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> On 13/12/2007, Keith Edmunds <kae@???> wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:51:06 +0000, victor@??? said:
> >
> > > am I the only one who gets hacked off with apps in the
> > > current distros that do not respect the X conventions of copy&paste?
> >
> Erm. This is slightly embarrassing ... I now can't track down and
> reproduce the particular combination(s) of apps that don't work
> together, although I'm certain I have come across them and been highly
> annoyed at the time. I had a feeling that OpenOffice was a culprit but
> just checked and no, it's well behaved. I will have to get back to you
> on this one.

I must admit I thought OpenOffice.ord had an annoying tendancy to not
behave properly and only acept the ^C/^X/^V keystrokes to/from other
applications. Most apps do what I want and accept the X standard.

Also see: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/565 for a cool
way to integrate the x clip board into console applictions.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I never really understood how there could be things that would
drive you insane just because you knew them until I ran into Windows.
    -- anon