Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but …

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but you can install it)
I agree that Apple's lock in tactics with iTunes/iPod is a bit sucky
and that lots of people have had problems with the whole
synchronising deal. I really appreciate their industrial design
though and their marketing is pretty good. If you gauged Apple usage
statistics through movies and television you'd think it was around 90%!

The Macbook Air certainly won't be for everyone, but as a sofa tool
it seems to fit the bill very well.

What do people in the Linux community think of OS X anyway? It's
pretty close to FreeBSD in many ways I believe. I did notice that
it's getting ZFS soon too :)