Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer
* Andy Random (andy.random@???) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any experience or opinions on this beastie:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/120362
>
> It's a colour laser printer with a network interface for 120UKP which
> seems like a great deal to me...
>
> Am I just out of touch with printer prices or is there a catch?

I bought a Samsung ML-1210 a few years back. It is only B/W but
works fine with Linux. When I first installed it I remember having
to jump through some hoops to get it to work, but currently, it just
works with Cups on Ubuntu.

The original toner ran out quite fast, but I bought a refill from
http://www.refilltoner.com/index.htm for a fraction of the cost of a
new cartridge, and it is still going strong.

The best bit about it is it can sit there for months without being
used, and then turned on an the first print is fine without having
the clean print heads etc. My last Ink-Jet printer was a PITA.

I would like a cheap colour laser, but not enough to do any thing
about it just yet.

Regards,

--
        _