Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer
On Saturday 09 February 2008 08:44:03 Andy Random wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any experience or opinions on this beastie:
>
>    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/120362

> It's a colour laser printer with a network interface for 120UKP which
> seems like a great deal to me...
>
> Am I just out of touch with printer prices or is there a catch?
>

>    Andy

Hi Andy

It just so happens I have just bought CLP-300 (the same as the 300N without
network) from staples. There is a 30 day return policy if I cannot get it to
work.

The linux software when it comes to printing text is CRAP.

I am looking at the open source printer software for this. It says it is
supposed to work but I have no idea how to install it without having done it
first.

Give me a week and I will let you know the result.

John Eayrs