Re: [Hampshire] Which Distro ?

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Distro ?
* Russell Gadd (russ.mail.lists@???) wrote:
> My natural choice would be Debian Etch. However, although it is by no means
> the only package I want to run, a major problem is that I need to run
> Gnucash version 2.2 so as to use the data files I have set up in Windows and
> the version in Etch is only 2.0 which is incompatible. So I am looking at
> present at 3 choices:

You have an alternative. You can run Debian Stable, and then visit
these people
http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

Personally I use Ubuntu. It has all the latest stuff, is stable
enough, gets regular updates, and new versions come out on a regular
basis. If you don't want to upgrade every version, then stick to an
LTS version, which, as the name suggests, are supported for an
extended period.

Have fun!

--
        _