Re: [Hampshire] Yet Another Virtualisation Question

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Yet Another Virtualisation Question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x580f8100.hantslug.org.uk.7557': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Feb 28 20:23:16 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Thursday 28 Feb 2008, Isaac Close wrote:
> Dr Adam J Trickett <adam.trickett@???> wrote: Hi,
>
> [ dunno if this msg will display correctly as yahoo is quirking abaat]

Seems to be acceptable...

> For the fun factor, indeed its worth it i'd say and for gaining the
> experience aswell. If you've not needed it before, then i guess you can
> answer your own question as regards to that.

Some business expert in the US I use to listen to on a NPR radio show always
use to say "Dig your well before you are Thirsty!"

> Personally i'm messing and have done for some time UserModeLinux for
> commerical environments etc. Its fantastico. Have had a look at xen, though
> not sure if i like the direction its headed.

My ByteMark server is UML and works quite well. As good as UML is I don't
think it's a technology of the future - but then again I may be wrong...

> But then obivously in Overton people think completely different to those of
> us here in Whitchurch ;-P hehe

Probably, we know our village is better.... ;-)

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfilment.
    -- Jean Baudrillard