[Hampshire] "Can't live without..."

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."
There are some FLOSS products that just make me go all warm and tingly
inside when I think about them. Software and technology that - if it didn't
exist - my life would be poorer/harder/more annoying.

Today the technology giving my the fuzzies is "ssh port forwarding".

Being able to forward a port (such as 3128) on my local machine to an
application running on another box (such as a proxy server) is invaluable to
me.

So this made me think "Friday mailing list thread!". What FLOSS application
or technology gives you the fuzzies, or makes your life significantly better
in some way?

Cheers,
Al.