Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."
On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:28:16 +0000
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> So this made me think "Friday mailing list thread!". What FLOSS
> application or technology gives you the fuzzies, or makes your life
> significantly better in some way?

for me it has to be Geneweb as I use it daily for up to 10 hours a
day to record my genealogy research.

I need a browser to access Geneweb and Opera is by far the best
_for_this_purpose_, I know it isn't FLOSS but iceweasel isn't as easy
to use (or as fast).

Similarly acroread is another essential non-FLOSS tool as xpdf
doesn't compare for ease of use, kpdf is better but still not as
configurable as acroread.

Finally windowmaker is the only window manager I can live with, I
have tried nearly all the others at one time or another but always
come back to wmaker.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server