Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:45:46 +0000
Dr Adam J Trickett <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> The MP4 file should play with most media players, xine and mplayer
> on my box were quite happy to play the video file. A 30 minute tv
> show is about 110Mb as MP4 when downloaded. No DRM and no messing
> about with flash required.

this, of course, assumes there is actually something worth
downloading. I had a quick look to see what was available and found
nothing I'd want to see (or see again)

IMHO apart from the occasional program on BBC4 there is next to
nothing on BBC worth watching and very little on any other channel.
Virgin Cable is nearly all repeats or rubbish so we actually watch
very little TV. I'd tell Virgin to take their STB away but then I'd
have no cycling to watch in the summer :(

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server