Re: [Hampshire] Re: Eee 900

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Eee 900
2008/5/1 Simon <simon@???>:
> Simon wrote:
>
> > Contrary to a ZDnet story [1] it looks like Dabs have the Linux version
> (in white) of the new Eee 900 in stock [2]. It's a shame that I don't
> actually need done :-(
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > [1] http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,1000000091,39408911,00.htm
> > [2] http://www.dabs4work.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=533M
> >

> ..and Ebuyer.com reckon they have 10 each of the Windows and Linux
> varieties.

Interesting pricing when you see them next to each other. The two
versions are the same price but XP gets 12G whereas the Linux version
has 20G.

What really amazes me is that these machines which started as rock
bottom price items are now considerably more expensive than a cheap
laptop. Maybe it's just that you have to pay the extra to be allowed
not to have Vista!

ATB, Peter