Re: [Hampshire] Zope

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Zope
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 06:13:18PM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> Yes, I've found that. I think in the past 18 months things have changed,
> or it may just be that I decided to stick with the Debian packages.
> These use dzhandler, which I assume is acting as a front to
> mkzopeinstance.py amongst other things.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help then.

> The installation instructions talked about extracting it and then adding
> through the web front end. It's the web front end I'd like to see,
> although it may have been rash of me to assume that you should be able
> to use the web front end from installation!

Making an instance should be the easy part. Installing a product is
fairly easy as well: you just upload the file via the ZMI. But what happens
after that may not be easy. Something like Plone "just works", but you
do need to be a bit of a Zope guru to configure and administer these
things properly.

> If you know of a Django job tracker I'll take a look.

No, I don't, I'm afraid. There's Trac though, in more general Python
terms.