[Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter
Can anyone recommend a Linux compatible USB Bluetooth 2 adapter? I'm
looking to connect up my Bluetooth headset to use with my VOIP and Skype
accounts, but haven't had a huge amount of success narrowing down the
field. There is information via Google, but I've not yet found a decent
list - they always seem to be bundled in the middle of a generic network
adapter list, or referenced within another forum post. Even the BlueZ
site doesn't seem to have a list of compatible devises :(

The next stage will be to get it working with SyncML, but it's early days
as I've not yet picked up the phone, so until tomorrow I'm still in the
dark ages mobile phone wise - no Bluetooth and not even the infra read I
had on my old Nokia 7110. Actually I'd be seriously tempted to go back
to a 7110 if it had Bluetooth as the address book management on the
phone is still more advanced than even my new phone will be and the
others I've looked at [1], even nearly 10 years on!!

[1] actually this sort of detail is well nigh impossible to drag out of
any sales staff, and every time I asked for a decent quality address
book they brought out a PDA style phone costing an arm and a leg.

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: