Re: [Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter
** Richard Danter <radanter@???> [2008-09-30 10:13]:
> 2008/9/30 Paul Tansom <paul@???>:
> > Can anyone recommend a Linux compatible USB Bluetooth 2 adapter? I'm
>
> I have a Belkin F8T012 adapter. This is the one with the 100m range,
> there is a slightly cheaper version with shorter range. It cost about
> £20 in Dixons at Heathrow Airport about a year ago.

A belated thanks for that, and the other replies. I've been rushed of my
feet recently to put it mildly, but decided I should battle to keep my
eyelids open long enough to do a reply or it would just be left far too
long!

I've ended up with one of these Belkin units, although unfortunately I'm
going to have to chase up with the Belkin and/or Jabra tech support.
I've not tried it with Linux yet, but for some reason the Belkin F8T012
adapter doesn't see my Jabra BT8040 headset. This is a major pain since
I chose this headset because it could link to multiple devices
simultaneously, so I could answer VOIP or mobile calls with the same
headset - otherwise I get tied up between my mobile, land line and VOIP
headsets and may well strangle myself in the process. The next stage
will involve Asterisk and put the whole shooting match onto a single
headset - in theory anyway!

> > looking to connect up my Bluetooth headset to use with my VOIP and Skype
>
> I have not tried using it for audio but I have used it for
> transferring files to a couple of different mobile phones (Nokia and
> Blackberry) and other PC's.

I've done a bit of file transfer with it (Windows again sadly), but both
with the Bluetooth and the USB cable I am having problems and have had
to track down a code to get at a hidden menu to run a serial test and
'reboot' the phone before it will talk to the PC. It's an 11 character
code followed by two menu selections, which is a pain, and even then one
of the management applications still locks up so I can't use it! Roll on
the unofficial software under Linux that will work properly ;)

<snip>
** end quote [Richard Danter]

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: