Re: [Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] USB Bluetooth adapter
Hi,

Martin Wimpress wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I can confirm the USB Bluetooth adapter below is working on Ubuntu Hardy
> 8.04.
> I use it to Sync with my mobile phone.
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012RDB9M/

I got the cheapest thing going from the bargain section at Maplin a
while back (it's no longer on their website) and it works fine. It's a
vanilla Cambridge chipset. I think this is one case where you'll get the
best service out of the cheapest generic adaptor going as it's more
likely to have better driver support. I recommend you avoid MSI dongles
as their Windows drivers are licensed and you have to register to
download the driver and it is tied to your email address so if you lose
your email then you can't download again.

Cheers,
Paul.