Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: John Cooper
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been annoyed by the silly Microsoft advert where clueless people
> claim that they are a PC?
>
> The advert really gets on my nerves, because I don't want to be a PC, I'm
> happy being a human being. I therefore think it's important that we start a
> meme where people say something along the lines of: "I am a person not a PC"
> or "I am not a PC - I am a free man".
>
> So have a go, put something witty in your signature... Or not as the case may
> be, as you are a free man or woman and may chose to do what you wish...!

It is all part of the build up to Windows 7, due to be released (then
delayed) Dec 09. M$ have to try and recover from the Vista flop, Vista
ready disaster and pants round the ankles EEE PC success. Also Windows
has just fallen under 90% of internet access and they must be thinking
the unthinkable - no more cash cow :-)

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk