Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: John Cooper
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 at 11:59:53PM +0000, John Cooper wrote:
> Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone been annoyed by the silly Microsoft advert where
> > clueless people claim that they are a PC?
>
> It is all part of the build up to Windows 7, due to be released (then
> delayed) Dec 09. M$ have to try and recover from the Vista flop, Vista
> ready disaster and pants round the ankles EEE PC success. Also Windows
> has just fallen under 90% of internet access and they must be thinking
> the unthinkable - no more cash cow :-)

What ever you say you can't deny that Vista has been late, over
budget and under specification. All indications seem to suggest
it's not selling well at all and Windows users' are (for better or
worse) sticking with XP. Mac and Linux are growing in market share
which is undeniable but still not yet enough to hurt Microsoft -
their current problems are clearly of their own making.

I think the netbook may be a flash in the pan event, but again it
has Microsoft wrong footed and looking foolish and out of touch.

The coming economic global depression is also going to hurt
Microsoft dear as companies scale back on the refresh cycle and
the market it flooded by bankrupt kit and licences. Dot com boom
2.0...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK