Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10

Author: Stuart Sears
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10
B STEVENS wrote:
> One thing certainly impressed me about Fedora 10 was the fact it
> immediately recognised my Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
> Network Connection.
>
> I did have to disable SELinux (it had to be set to "disabled",

um.... that really shouldn't have happened.
You shouldn't have to disable SELinux for this - it works fine here in
enforcing mode without any issues at all so far...

Were there really no audit messages? Not even in permissive mode?
(check /var/log/audit/audit.log for AVC entries)

If so, then please file this as a bug - the SELinux guys will probably
fix it in extremely short order.

from lspci...
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Network Connection (rev 02)

is this different to yours?

works like a charm with NetworkManager

Stuart