Re: [Hampshire] S-Video

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] S-Video
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> In practice (as opposed to technicalities) is there much of a difference
> between s-video and VGA?

CRT or LCD?

CRT - Often serious quality differences.
LCD - depends...

> ISTR doing this a few years back and the resulting image wasn't great
> but I thought I'd check.

What size are you after - we no longer have the moolah (a new puppy
literally eats the budget!) but were looking at ~400UKP for a mid
range 30inch monitor.

Jacqui

p.s.
We avoided looking at TV's like the plague as we do not watch TV and
would not like to give the BBC enforcement goons any reason to snoop
through our windows or try and climb into the garden again (having
german shepherds seems to work quite well as a deterrent) pity the
dogs did not get him.