Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Memory compatibility

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Memory compatibility
On Friday 16 January 2009 17:23:33 Samuel Penn wrote:
Hi All
PC2700 in PC2100 slots

All PC components have a spec range. The PC2700 which you bought 2 years ago
may have been at the bottom end of the PC2700 range which matched the top end
of the PC2100 range.

The new PC2700 may be at the top end of the PC2700 range which would take it
above the top end of the PC2100 range hence the reason why it does not work.

John Eayrs