Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Memory compatibility

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Memory compatibility
On Friday 16 January 2009 18:02:00 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
> > Thoughts on this from anyone more knowledgeable than I?
>
> Not sure I qualify in that regard Sam!
>
> Here's the output from the Crucial site when selecting that particular
> mobo:
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/7a3xxk*
>
> It would seem to agree with you in that it /should/ hold 4 x 1GB modules
> of PC2700, and IIRC if you purchase those from Crucial they will refund
> if it doesn't work. Presumably they would expect to see four similar
> modules in all the slots and there is a note relating to that effect:

The memory advisor was what I used 2 years ago to select the memory,
and I just clicked 're-order' to order a couple more this week. All 4
should be identical (apart from batch differences, and vastly lower price!).

I couldn't find Tyan in Crucial's list when I checked a couple of weeks back,
but I was obviously blind so now I can see that they still recommend that
type of memory, I've fired off a support request to them, to see what
they think.

I'll let you know what they say. Thanks for the help.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???