[Hampshire] political party uses FLOSS

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] political party uses FLOSS
Just when "Which?" has depressed me by yet another strongly Microsoft
influenced and biased report, I have received the following email from one of
our political parties. I have edited out anything purely political and most
of the header.

<quote>
Subject: [E-Supporters] Fancy doing a bit of coding ... ?
[snip]

I'm on the hunt for volunteers - volunteers who can help write computer code.

The [snip] have a range of tools we use to engage with supporters and the
public over the internet. Fostering this dialogue and debate is really
important - and of course there is much more to that than just the
technology. But having good software does help!

And that's why I'm on the hunt for volunteers who can help with systems of
ours that either ***use open-source software*** or code which the party has
full rights to change as we wish.
[snip]
Software is only a means to an end, but with better software we can help
improve the way we campaign, debate and discuss. I hope you can help out.
</quote>

(stars added by me)

"In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly! But westward look! The land is
bright."
\o/

Lisi