Re: [Hampshire] Home ISPs - who's good, who's bad, who'sindi…

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Home ISPs - who's good, who's bad, who'sindifferent.
On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 11:54 +0000, Bond, Peter wrote:
> As I finally need an ISP again, I thought I’d ask here.
>

> My hard requirements are pretty simple – I’d like at least 4Mbps
> ADSL(2,2+?) to a BT line (I know, line length depending), 1 static IP
> address, no silly bandwidth caps (as opposed to reasonable caps –
> perhaps 10-20GB/month given my habit of pulling down distro ISOs) and
> a max of 6 months contract. Decent service/support in the event it
> becomes necessary would be good too – preferably not run by people who
> will feel the need to tell me where the Start button is in Windows.
>

> So – who is good, and who is cheap? Are any both?
>

> (Zen I’ve just seen mentioned)

"Good & Cheap" - Unfortunately is a contradiction of terms (LOL)

Im with NTL / Virgin. Download speed normally between 800k-2.8M Per Sec,
for between 20-25pounds, off peak I always get over 1 meg / sec. Never
been capped yet, and I seriously download quite a few linux iso's.
Never had to call tech support, thats what Ive got you lot for !

Zen, as mentioned before is ADSL & £25 per month with a capped download,
of not much if your a serious downloader, ISO's etc.

So those two are good. Now for the cheap :

BT & Tiscali. Need I say more ?