Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room
> Remember though that I'm *lazy* and short of free time, suggestions which
> say buy this PC/headless media server and install this distro then
> configure these packages just won't be useful to me. It might not be
> hard to do, but if it is time consuming I just won't get around to it.

Don't dismiss the media PC completely. I use a PC running mythTV for all my TV
and Audio/Video stuff and it works really nicely. You get a lot of machine for
your money these days (they're small and quiet too), and if you're only after
an audio setup it shouldn't take too long to set up (maybe 2 hours first time
round, but hey, it's only one evening). If you have an LCD TV, you can use
that as a monitor fairly easily. Even a basic install of your favourite distro
with your favourite media player would do!

Tim B.

--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
Lead Developer