Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room
At 14:46 11/03/2010, you wrote:
>Andy Random wrote:
> > Any suggestions?
>
>I've been contemplating one of these:
>
>http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=735
>
>It plays just about every file format you'd want to play (inc. mp3s avis
>oggs and flacs), and it will stream across the network or it will accept
>a USB drive plugged in directly.
>
>I have the non-streaming USB version and am very happy with it on the
>whole, although I use it solely for avi files and have therefore not
>looked into what outputs it this might have for audio. I simply plug in
>a usb stick with the files on it, and then browse the menu on the TV and
>play.
>
>Reasonably cheap at < £90.

I got one of those boxes for playing HD files through the TV via a 2.5"
HD in an external box.

Never toyed with the music size of things but I like it for TV stuff so
ask if you have any questions. The only complaint for my use is the
menus move a bit slow with the cheapo rubber button remote otherwise
works well.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.4 on Mac Mini, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups