Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room

Author: John Dowds
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room

> Any suggestions?
>
>   Andy

If your MP3 Player is an iPod, I can recommend the Sony AIR-SA20PK
[1], which you can pick up for less than £250.

The base station will allow a line out to your current stereo, and the
two wireless speakers can go anywhere in the house.

If you don't have an iPod, you can get a reasonable one for about
£30-£40. I upgraded from the most ancient iPod to a slightly less
ancient (this system only works with a 3G onwards) for £45, selling my
other for £35, so the whole setup costing £250. This doesn't give the
same capacity as a multi-gb hard disk based system, but a 30GB iPod
holds many weeks of music.

Additional wireless speakers are approx £70 I believe.

John.

[1]http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Sonys_iPod-lovin_AIR-SA20PK_S-AIRPLAY_AIR-SA20PK/version.asp?refsource=dtadwords&gclid=COLk65aAs6ACFUgB4wodA0HvTw