[Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5842e100.hantslug.org.uk.2519': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 7 20:36:59 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Recently I saw an article[1] where someone had listed the "killer apps" that
Linux has. The problem with the list was that most of the applications on the
list would happily run on any flavour of Unix, and quite a few even run on
Windows.

Can anyone think of any application that is really impressive and only runs on
Linux? I couldn't think of much that couldn't be easily ported to most posix
like platforms.

[1] http://everythingelse.wordpress.com/2006/12/02/top-10-programs-for-linux/

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for
the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all.
    -- John Maynard Keynes