Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot

Author: mark
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot
> If you're suggesting that all the distributions share the same /home
> partition, would that not cause problems for application configuration?
> I thought that some applications stored config details in .(dot) files in
> /home which would mean that each distro would then over-write these each
> time you set up a new distro.
>
> -Alasdair-

Also, if two different distros use different UIDs for the first non-root
user created by the installer, you'd get problems with reading and writing
to the home directory.
I believe I had this problem when I tried to get Ubuntu and SUSE to use
the same home partition. Unless of course you create and entirely
different user (e.g. username-ubuntu and username-suse) for each distro
and then copy across the configuration files or documents to each home
directory.

Mark