Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:05:47 -0500 (EST)
mark@??? wrote:

> Also, if two different distros use different UIDs for the first
> non-root user created by the installer, you'd get problems with
> reading and writing to the home directory.

you could use the same username in each distro and change the uid to
match the first one I think. It probably defaults to 1000 for the
first user you setup so there may not be a problem.

Again this does assume all distros do things like Debian does and
this I do not know not having used anything else for years, other than
running a live CD to see what all the fuss is about with the latest
all singing, all dancing distro.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application