Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out The…

Author: Mat Grove
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out There?
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:34:45 +0100
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> Anyway, to cut this drivel short, I don't want to burn my bridges
> completely as far as gaming is concerned and wondered if Cedega is
> worth the £36 a year they are charging for it? Does it off-set the
> effort touched upon above? Is the performance equal to running native
> under Windows? How long does it take on average for new games to get
> support? If you can answer any of these questions or provide any
> input for that matter I'd be glad to hear it. Apart from 'Grow up and
> get a life!', that is...

I used it to play Counter Strike for 2 years on Linux, it worked fine:

http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/Counter_Strike

In my experience few games had the level of support that CS had, you
have to read the notes and do some fiddling just to get many titles to
even load.

After I finished my PhD I wiped my Linux workstation and installed
Windows because it supported more games. Shortly after, my motherboard
failed, so my advice is to stick with Linux because you might burn your
house down.

Mat