Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out The…

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out There?
On Mon, April 30, 2007 15:34, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> I am looking to finally (almost) rid my machine of Windows. Up until
> recently the main reason for keeping Windows was the fact that I enjoy a
> spot of gaming and couldn't be doing with the effort required to get
> newer games up and running under Linux

Depends what you want. The games I'd *really* like to see on Linux
are the Total War series, none of which run at all under any of
the 'emulators' (Wine/Cedega etc). Some of them (Medieval Total War
for example) are several years old.

There's lots of first person shooters available for Linux natively,
but not many games of other types. I believe EVE sort of works
(I've been keeping an eye on this one), though people have had
mixed results.

If you're happy to just have 'something' to play, then you don't
need Cedega. However, if you want to be able to play the latest
and greatest games, then you need to look at the sort of games
that work.

Neverwinter Nights, UT2004 and Vendetta-Online currently provide
me with (almost) everything I want from gaming. UT2007 should be
out for Linux later this year as well. I'm not even going to waste
my time hoping for Medieval Total War 2 though.

--
Be seeing you,            Web: www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                       IM: samuel.penn@???