Re: [Hampshire] [OT] PCs blowing domestic fuses

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] PCs blowing domestic fuses
Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:
> First, was it an over current breaker or and
> RCD? An RCD may be rated to carry 13A or
> whatever, but will trip when there is an
> imbalance of maybe 30mA between live and
> neutral.

....and all switch-mode power supplies - as found
in PCs, etc - leak a certain amount of current
into the earth during normal operation.

A problem we've hit before in Jamie's workshop:
plug enough computers, monitors, etc, into one
circuit breaker, and it'll trip from the switch-
mode leakage.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.