Re: [Hampshire] VM

Author: Alex
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VM
On 8/30/07, John Taylor <john.68taylor@???> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone but you all work on the assumption that I understand
> what *you *are talking about - how many types of VM are there? I went to
> the install "bit" and asked about VM and downloaded what I was
> given......so lets start again from a different perspective .

There are lots of VM vendors about. Xen, VMWare and Parallels, to name a
few. Perhaps i've missed an email or something, but WHICH VM did you
download, and WHERE did you get it from?!

I have MS Vista partitioned away safely but as I use Kubuntu more and
> more I would like to switch between the two systems at the click of the
> mouse so I can use Adobe, my printer and scanner and some medical
> software that wont work in any other environment
>
> What do you guys suggest to this golden oldie?
>
> Granddad!

I would suggest running VMWare under Kubuntu, with an Win2k/XP VM image
ready to boot. It may not be resource-efficient to keep the VM running all
the time, especially if you're just checking your email or browsing the
web...

--
Alex