Re: [Hampshire] VM

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VM
Alex wrote:
> I would suggest running VMWare under Kubuntu, with an Win2k/XP VM
> image ready to boot. It may not be resource-efficient to keep the VM
> running all the time, especially if you're just checking your email or
> browsing the web...

I have just fired up VMware Server (free) on my Ubuntu machine in order
to run my work image (XP Professional), which runs quite happily with
768Mb RAM and a single processor on a system that has 2GB RAM and an
Intel Core 2 6600 CPU.

IIRC correctly the installation wasn't as straight forward as it might
be but there was a HOWTO that ironed out the wrinkles when followed
correctly.

Sean