Re: [Hampshire] VM

Author: John Taylor
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VM
John Taylor wrote:
> Have just downloaded VM software from repository but don't have the
> courage to actually open the can in case it does look like worms!
>
> Will it work with MS Vista?
> Are there likely to be any major problems?
> Will I really be able to switch (mouse click) between Kubuntu and MS?
> Is it within the scope of a really golden oldie
>

> John

Thanks chaps..... I'm overwhelmed by your collective interest

   1. I have a HP Pavilion with Intel  dual processor (PC World) *_pre
      installed_* VISTA .....about  3 months old
   2. Canon Pixma MP800R printer/scanner (not Fax) works like a dream on
      MS... printer coughs and sputters on CUPS and/or on Turboprint and
      sometimes scans via Open office but not often. ....works on USB
   3. Downloaded VMware PLAYER from Ubuntu repository
   4. Have a spare USB hard drive if of any interest

Does this help any?

Sounds like VM is a bit terrifying and unpredictable.....am looking for
an easy life!
Thanks for invite to your next LUG meeting much appreciated but I live
in Oxford and traveling a bit difficult these days

John