Re: [Hampshire] Linux tape backup software

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux tape backup software
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:20:09 +0100, james.dutton@??? said:

> Can I please have a list of backup software people use on Linux.

If you really want to do tape backups, Amanda (as has been said already)
does the job, and will backup Windows and Linux machines. Unless you have
good reasons to use tapes, though, I'd suggest you use BackupPC on a
remote server, which will also backup both Windows and Linux machines, and
has the added advantages of being fully automated and a web interface.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |