[Hampshire] install linux without internet connection?

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] install linux without internet connection?
Can anyine give advice on how to install an up-to-date version of Linux
without having an internet connection, please?

I note that SuSE 10.2 is available on 5 CDs, but 10.3 is on just 1 CD. I
think that must rely on an external web site for software. Is SuSE 10.2
really the best I can do?

Would it possible to obtain, for example, Debian on CDs and install it
without internet access? The software I would want is nothing out of the
ordinary - openoffice.org, GIMP, C, Perl, Apache, web browsers, something
to write CDs. Would my graphics card cause any problem - nVIDIA GeForce4
(MSI G4MX460 to be precise)?

I have tried searching with Google for an answer to this, but the only
solutions I can find make use of another Linux machine that does have internet
access, something not available in my case.

Peter Alefounder.

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/