Re: [Hampshire] Backup strategies

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Backup strategies
On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 11:27:07 +0100 (+0100), Rob Malpass wrote:
[snip]
> What's the best way (hardware solution) of backing up 300+Gb of
> data?
> I can't store it off site.. Frequency of backup is about once a
> month.

Personally I'd prefer rsync to a remote location. I know that's _not_
what you've asked for, but it's simple, works, doesn't go wrong (I
_hate_ tapes) and once setup requires no manual process.

How possible it is then depends upon rate of change - there are many
rsync basked ones which will keep many copies in a space efficient
manner (using hard links).

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers