[Hampshire] [OT] Ipods (vaguely Linux I suppose)

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Ipods (vaguely Linux I suppose)
Hi all

Just having a chat with my brother (an ardent Mac fan) today - he mentioned
that a given Ipod can only be registered with one computer. It's some sort
of device to prevent copyright infringement - fair enough I guess.

The thing is though... I thought Ipods were like any other sort of mp3
player in as much as you plug 'em in and it's as though you have an external
hard drive which you can drag and drop files to (irrespective of OS or
whatever music library software you use) - so I couldn't really see how it
could "pair itself" to one PC.

Am I wrong here? Out of interest, anyone had any success syncing Ipods to
Linux boxes? I'm thinking of getting a new mp3 player shortly and I want
20+Gb so the options seem to be limited except for ipods.

Cheers
Rob