Re: [Hampshire] Directory permissions in Ubunut v Debian

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Directory permissions in Ubunut v Debian
john lewis wrote:
> Now I may be different in my attitude since I cannot see the point of
> forking Debian into a slightly different distro, if Shutleworth
> wasn't happy with debian why didn't he work with debian instead of
> poaching debian maintainers for starters.

Mark Shuttleworth and the wiser heads in the Ubuntu have always paid
tribute to the work done by Debian as the foundation of Ubuntu. Most
recently he did this on the Ubuntu UK podcast where he pays tribute to
the work of Debian developers in constructing a system which allows for
upgrades between (long term support) versions.

You can take a listen here:

http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2008/04/23/s01e04-such-an-easy-question/

Tony