Re: [Hampshire] Forum software

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Forum software
Tim wrote:
> I need to enquire on the collective the wisdom of the Hampshire lug
>
> I got asked by one of the directors at work if it was possible to setup a
> forum on our network

If you want a forum then mwforum.org (Perl based) is a good forum and
much cleaner than phpBB3 . If you think the staff will understand a wiki
then mediawiki (database, simple setup) or moinmoin (Python, flat file,
initial install is more complicated though simple to backup) are good
choices. A Wiki format is not good for non-tech (computer) people, so I
would advise a forum.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk