Re: [Hampshire] Purchasing music online

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Purchasing music online
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 at 07:30:41 +0000, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> Are there any other ways?

My low-tech solution is to find new artists I like, write down their
names and spend a few hours hunting for them for sale second hand
in the local used music stores.

Not sure what things are like down in Hampshire, but here in Sunny
Edinburgh we have a few huge second-hand music shops, and it isn't
often that I can't find what I want. Though sometimes I'll have to
wait a few weeks/months.

If I *really* want a particular album I'll look for it on Ebay.

Once I have the physical disk in my hands I'll rip it, throw away
the jewel case and pack the disk & notes in a big box underneath my
bed where it can gather dust.

I suspect this isn't remotely related to the solution you want, but
I figured I'd share regardless.

Steve
--
Managed Anti-Spam Service