Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ADSL2+ Router

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ADSL2+ Router

> I'm looking to get a new ADSL router before my old one gives up the ghost

Avoid Belkin routers. They do evil things[1].

Bundled packages often offer a 2-wire device. I hate them with a passion:
their port-forwarding code is *extremely* buggy, so opening ports
frequently fails (silently - the router says the port is open, it just
doesn't allow any traffic through).

I've actually had the best luck from a functional perspective with el
cheapo routers - the more expensive ones tend to put lots of "helpful"
stuff in to frustrate everything you actually want to do. But cheap
routers, sadly, do not seem to last :-(

Vic.

[1] Aside from the DNS hijack a few years back (I've still not forgiven
them for that), I've seen interesting things like total lock-ups when you
try to run FTP through them.